Saturday, August 2, 2008

What are Promises?

Today at this hour, i found out myself that promises made by anyone are just mere words to please one's heart. I have wondered a long long time and i still can not find the answer to this mystery. If you do not intend to keep a promise, then why do you make them in the first place?

I can not say that i have seen a lot of different people and different behaviors, but if there is anything i hate most, it is not keeping a promise. To me, promises are just like giving out money to people whom you trust will return it back to you but when a person breaks that promise or does not even come close to keeping the promise, what should you do? I have come across a lot of situations where promises are given but not kept.

In the end, the one who ends up broken and disappointed is myself. I have thought about this problem and i have been finding a way to solve it. I do not wan to feel disappointed and broken every time these situations happen. Eventually, i have come to a conclusion that in order to prevent the same occurrences, it comes down to one self.

You see, when you let someone give a promise, you are being soft. Most of the time, someone gives you a promise because they think you would let up and be soft when you hear something that you like. That is what it really is. They are exploiting the softness within you and taking advantage of your good side.

I do not know if it is the best way. But i am surely going to try. Maybe then, empty promises do not work on me. Of course, by then, i would be an entirely different person than the one that i am now. Good or bad, i will never know till i change and try it out.....

1 comment:

lasapka said...

promise but no guaranty...therefore... LPPL