Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Can you Define Love? - Part 1

(Ignore the wordings in the picture *hehe*)

What is love? Have you ever wondered what is the real meaning of love? Can you even define love? In my opinion nobody knows how to really define the meaning of love or I would say, everyone has a different definition of love. Doing it by the easy way (which is googling the meaning), I have managed to find a few definitions. They are:
  • a strong positive emotion of regard and affection; "his love for his work"; "children need a lot of love"
  • any object of warm affection or devotion; "the theater was her first love"; "he has a passion for cock fighting";
  • have a great affection or liking for; "I love French food"; "She loves her boss and works hard for him"
  • beloved: a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
  • get pleasure from; "I love cooking"
  • a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction; "their love left them indifferent to their surroundings"; "she was his first love"
  • be enamored or in love with; "She loves her husband deeply"
  • a score of zero in tennis or squash; "it was 40 love"
  • sleep together: have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
  • sexual love: sexual activities (often including sexual intercourse) between two people; "his lovemaking disgusted her"; "he hadn't had any love in months"; "he has a very complicated love life"
I would personally define it as a feeling that one has for another. Love can be classified into a lot of different categories. There is the love for family, friends, and lovers. So what is it that enables one to define the meaning of love? For me, love is like an flowing river that is not affected by time itself. It is a wonderful feeling where it enables you to show your affection for the other. But this is mostly for the lovers part. I don't know why, don't ask, but i am more interested in the lovers part. *wink* So, why am I suddenly writing about this? I recently read a post, that mentioned about something similar. Feeling that my opinion is contradicting with that post, I have decided to post one of my own and maybe in hopes that everyone who read this post would benefit from it. Although the opinions and views would be biased to my own way of thinking. Okay then, lets get it on. First let us discuss upon the simple factor that everyone always wonders whether it is right or wrong, appropriate or not. So, do you think that when you are together with another person (a.k.a. the other person is your partner/couple), it enables you to fully dictate and remodel his/her life? I have seen and heard a lot of questions regarding this situation and sadly I would say, as much as I don't agree to this, there is nothing much we could do to change the way that people think. Why? Nowadays in a relationship, without giving much thought to it, couples would deem that having control over the life of their partner is a must and there is nothing wrong with it. Well then, have you ever thought of what will happen when you get married if it continues? Will it get worse and become a dictatorship or will it just change into something else? I will leave the thinking to the rest of you. You can drop down comments, don't be shy. I accept comments all the same. I will continue this topic in a second part.

No comments: